If you are routinely suffering from halitosis, also referred to as bad breath, or if it frequently returns, it means that poor dental health habits or other health problems in your mouth are the results of it. In order to effectively prevent or treat halitosis, it is important to keep your smile clean at all times and eliminate any unhealthy habits that can put your mouth at risk. Furthermore, consider this:
– In order to effectively treat bad breath, consider using therapeutic mouthwash. Whereas cosmetic mouthwash can mask bad breath, therapeutic mouthwash can eliminate the bacteria responsible for it.
– Keeping your mouth clean includes brushing and flossing your teeth on a daily basis.
– Always make sure that you clean your mouth to help treat or prevent bacteria that produce bad breath.
– Eliminate unhealthy habits from your life including smoking or chewing tobacco.
– If you routinely suffer from bad breath, you may need to visit your dentist for a complete examination.
– Bad breath may be linked to underlying conditions in your body that will need to be treated before the bad breath goes away.
If you would like to have your oral health examined by our team at Lakewinds Dental for any signs of bad breath, please book an appointment with Dr. Jason Martin and our team at our dentist office. To set up a visit with our dentist in Ludington, Michigan, please contact us at 231-845-7240.